Theme Installation And Demo Content Import
This documentation will guide you through the installation process and illustrate how to use/customize this theme.
Make sure you have the latest version of WordPress up and running before you proceed and install the theme: http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
For any theme related question beyond the scope of this documentation don’t hesitate and get in touch with us.
First of all download the theme from the Downloads section on ThemeForest. Make sure to download “All files and documentation”, because the full download also includes the child theme and other files you might need later on. Once downloaded, unzip. The file we have to upload is named realty.zip
The chapters below explain the theme installation and import process in more detail.
Theme installation via WordPress
- Login to your WordPress admin area
- Go to Appearance > Themes
- Click "Add New"
- Click "Upload Theme"
- Upload realty.zip
- Install and activate the theme
Theme installation via FTP
- Unzip realty.zip file to extract "realty" folder
- Login to your server using the FTP client of your choice (i.e. FileZilla)
- Upload the extracted "realty" folder to /wp-content/themes/
- Login to WordPress admin area and activate theme under Appearance > Themes
After theme activation, you receive notification to install and activate certain required/recommended plugins. If not, you can do so under Appearance > Install Plugins.
For the theme to properly function you have to install all required plugins:
- Advanced Custom Fields Pro - Handles all property fields and property submit form.
- Realty Core - Provides theme functionality. Replaces "Realty - Custom Post Types And Taxonomies" and "Realty - Membership And Invoices" plugins. If you have been using those two plugins prior to Realty 3.0 you can now delete them, they are obsolete.
- Redux Framework - Theme options panel and one click demo content import. Located under Appearance > Theme Options.
- Templatera - Visual Composer template plugin. Allows you to import/export VC templates, which sync throughout your site.
- WPBakery Visual Composer - Premium page builder, bundled with Realty for free.
The following plugins are recommended/optional:
- Contact Form 7 - Popular contact form plugin to add custom contact forms.
- Envato Market - Official Envato plugin to update theme straight from your WordPress dashboard.
Demo content import
This step is optional, but highly recommended, as it will help you understand how all the parts of the theme play together. You can build upon the demo content or simply copy-and-paste what what you need, and delete the demo files.
Important: Before you start importing demo content make sure that you have installed and activated all required plugins, as described above.
Go to Appearance > Theme Options and open the "Demo Importer" tab. Once you click "Import Demo" the demo content, widgets, menus, theme option settings, and front and blog posts page settings are imported.
THE DEMO IMPORT PROCESS CAN TAKE A FEW MINUTES. DO NOT REFRESH OR LEAVE THIS PAGE UNTIL THE IMPORT IS COMPLETE!
All demo images are replaced with placeholder images due to copyright restrictions.