Optional - Theme Translation (Loco Translate & WPML)
The default theme language is english. Go to Settings > General > Site Language and select the language of your choice. This option is only available in WordPress 4.0+. Please update WordPress, if you are running on a version prior to 4.0.
Before you start translating anything decide if you simply want to translate the theme into another language or to run a multilingual website. According to your choice follow the instructions below.
Translate The Theme Into Another Language with Loco Translate
Go to Plugins > Add New and search for “Loco Translate”, then click “Install” and once its done, click “Activate”. The new menu item “Loco Translate” appears on the left-hand side of your WordPress admin menu.
How To Create A Multilingual Site with WPML
Realty is officially WPML compatible. WPML is a paid plugin.
If you haven’t already done so, make sure to download WPML before reading on.
Here are some more links that will help you to built your multilingual site in no time:
- WPML getting started guide: http://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/
- Using translation management: http://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/
- Translation Management & Features: http://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/translation-management-features/
- Translating URL slugs: http://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-page-slugs/
- How to scan strings coming from the theme / plugin: http://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/
- How to translate strings using String Translation: http://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/
- If adjustment is needed for WPML language switcher please also add this: http://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/custom-language-switcher/
- We recommend to set the URL format under WPML > Languages to "Different languages in directories".